Social Prescribing helps people access non-clinical services, advice, information, support and activities in the local community to improve their health and wellbeing.
We now have 2 social prescribers working within our team, and they are able to accept referrals for adults 18+ who would benefit from ‘health coaching’ and non clinical support. This may also include:
- Those who are socially isolated
- History of mild to moderate mental health conditions that interfere with daily function
- Those with long term conditions who are not responding well to medical interventions
- Those who have the capacity to self-manage with community-based support
- Those attending GP surgeries for non-medical reason
- Chronic pain patients