- Will ensure that all visitors are treated with dignity and respect and in line with the Practice dignity and respect policy.
- Will promote equality of opportunity between men and women
- Will not tolerate any discrimination against, or harassment of, any visitor for reason of sex, race, colour, religion, religious or philosophical belief, nationality, age, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation or gender re-assignment.
- Will provide the same treatment and services (including the ability to register with the practice) to any visitor irrespective of sex, race, colour, religion, religious or philosophical belief, nationality, age, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation or gender re-assignment.
Procedure for Patients to follow:
Discrimination by the Practice against you
If you feel discriminated against:
- You should bring the matter to the attention of Mr O Siddiq (Practice Manager).
- Mr O Siddiq will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially within 10 working days.
- Mr O Siddiq will establish the facts and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome of the investigation within 10 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint through the Practice’s Complaints Procedure.
Discrimination against the Practice’s staff
The Practice will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of its staff by any visitor.
Any visitor, who expresses any form of discrimination against, or harassment of, any member of the Practice staff, will be required to leave the Practice’s premises forthwith.
If the visitor is a patient, s/he may be removed from the Practice’s list if any such behaviour occurs on more than one occasion.